When it comes to boots, not all are created equal when it comes to riding off-road. There is a point where the best road boot money can buy becomes a heavy liability when the blacktop ends and the road surface gets loose.
Boots that are made specifically for off-road use have a host of features that you really don’t want to skimp on because you only get two legs and limps haven’t been cool since the pirate days.
And it’s not just about external protection either, there’s a lot of thought put into support for scenarios that just won’t happen on the road.
FLY RACING FR5 DETAILS
- Don’t miss a shift with 3D molded plastic shift panel with added grooves and texture that also saves boot from premature wear
- TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) heel piece connect with lateral/medial TPU pieces for full coverage
- Pre-shaped molded plastic 3D shin adds impact resistance and comfort
- Soft interior foam surrounds the ankle and collar
- Contoured TPU calf plate
- Full textile lining
- CE Approved to EN13634:2015
- Innovative one-piece plastic injected ‘fish tail’ midsole reinforced with a metal shank
- Moulded outsole provides a modern stylish look and helps to keep the weight down
- Outsole rubber compound provides good levels of grip while remaining durable
- Padded microfiber gaiter provides a comfortable rim around calf while sealing the opening from debris
- Bio-mechanical pivots on the inside and outside of the ankle for increased stability and support
- Rubber heat shield is long lasting, will not melt, and provides good grip
- Adjustable aluminum quick-lock buckles provide a solid locked in feel and open design keeps dirt from clogging the function